Implementation Questions

Hello All,

I am currently developing a master thesis focused on PCRF and PCEF for applying control policies to devices based on their IMSI. And I found that this solution fits the bill for applying a open-source PCRF and PCEF in my master thesis.

I have some questions regrading this solution:

1. What packet inspection capabilities does it possess? Can it detect protocols(like http, rtp) and content types (like audio, video or text) for example? And write policies based on this?
  2. Regarding policy configuration, can I insert them only through the webui or are there other methods?
  3. Does it support data collection/dumping?

Thanks in advance.

Is there anyone capable to help me with my questions?

Thanks in advance.

To be honest I don’t have the answer for them. Regarding to the 2nd question, You can search in the code how they are inserted and write a test and then run it. I am also looking for an API or a way to call services without coding.

Hi, jpsl,
Do you refer to PCF in the 5G core network? As far as I know in the 5GC, the SMF will assign QoS-related parameters to UPF depending on the PCC rule from PCF, which can meet the traffic filter.

However, UPF in free5GC not supporting QoS cannot separate traffic even SMF sends QoS parameters. Therefore, there are not any traffic filters able to be configured in the current free5GC.