Questions about free5GC stages

Hello, I am new to this community. What are the differences between the different stages listed under “installations” tag? Are they just different installation use cases as suggested by their respective titles or I have to go through all the stages in order?

Also, I was trying to follow the instructions under “installations --> All-in-one”. Encountered the following build errors while running

$make -j `nproc` 

sctp.c: In function ‘fd_sctp_recvmeta’:
sctp.c:1274:30: error: ‘SCTP_NOTIFICATIONS_STOPPED_EVENT’ undeclared (first use in this function)
1274 | case SCTP_NOTIFICATIONS_STOPPED_EVENT:
| ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
sctp.c:1274:30: note: each undeclared identifier is reported only once for each function it appears in
make[5]: *** [Makefile:530: sctp.lo] Error 1

Can anyone give me a hint on what did I miss?

Thanks.

Hi @jni2000 ,
I suggest that you can refer to stage 3 to install. From my point of view, the stages at different stages represent the development progress of free5GC. It would be better to refer to the latest stage, and stage3 has more detailed instructions and video tutorials.
And the problem you encountered, I think it should be that there is a version difference in the suite, because I noticed that your problem is very similar to the following :point_down:

Hope it helps. :wink:

Thanks, @meow0122, for the helpful information. Another question, does this free5GC support LTE deployment? If so, is there any deployment example for reference ?

Hi @jni2000,
As far as I know, free5GC does not support LTE deployment.