AMF does not handle PDU Session Establishment Request

Hello,

I’m having an issue using free5gc core with OAI 5G RAN.
The PDU session establishment request is sent to the AMF, but it answers with “Wrong security header type : 0x4”, and never connects to the SMF to forward the procedure.

I saw a similar topic on the forum, but my RAN sends “Integrity Protected And Ciphered With New 5G Security Context”, so I guess it respects the standard.

Can someone help me understand what is causing these issues ?

Please find attached the AMF log and pcap file. In the pcap, there is a deregistration (initiated by me) to just terminate the processes, and watch the logs. It is not the source of the problem.

Thank you for your help

trace_amf.pcap (4.2 KB)

Hi boubasse,
We are working on it, thanks for your feedback

Hello,

An update on this. Actually, my RAN (OAI) was not using the correct security type which would raise the problem on the AMF. After correcting the issue, the problem is gone :slight_smile:

Best,

Hi,
I’m glad to hear that! If you have any more questions or if there’s anything else I can help you with, feel free to let me know.

Hi,
since there haven’t any replies from you, the admin decides to close this topic.
If you have any further questions about this topic, please message the admin or create another topic.
Thanks!

Admin