Authentication Request, Authentication failure(Mac failure), Authentication reject

Currently, I am working on integrating Amarisoft with free5gc. If you would like to check any references, please visit: Assistance Required for Free5GC Integration Project - #11 by Kumarsatyam1

The IP address for the Amari Callbox Classic is 192.168.50.20, and for free5gc, it is 192.168.50.32. I am currently facing some issues, and if anyone has any ideas, please share your insights.

Best regards,
Kumar Satyam

Dear @yashih, I got to know about you by my friend Indranil Saha. He refer me to contact you.

I am reaching out to seek your assistance for my project. I have outlined the issues I am facing in the attached document

issue_of_authentication.pdf (676.3 KB)

You can also find additional details on the Free5GC forum at the following link: Assistance Required for Free5GC Integration Project

Thank you for taking the time to consider my request. I appreciate any assistance you can provide.

BR
Kumar Satyam

hi @Kumarsatyam1
Thanks for your invitation, however, I’ve already been assigned a new issue and am no longer in charge of this question. Therefore we will send a new expert to answer this @wilson30139 this question, he is an expert in 5G authentication, and he will provide more help than I do

best wishes,
Leon

Hi, @Leon777-coder, I need your help regarding this issue.

Thank you for you help in previous issues @Leon777-coder.

Hi, @wilson30139 I’m getting an issue regarding Authentication failure. If I do 5G_AKA then in wireshark log, I see Authentication request , Authentication failure (MAC), Authentication reject.

Similarly, If I change in Authentication method to EAP_AKA_PRIME then this in image:

and in Amarisoft webgui I see this log:

issue_of_authentication.pdf (676.2 KB)

BR
Kumar Satyam

Hi, we are working on it, thanks for questioning.

@wilson30139 any update regarding this?

@wilson30139 and @free5GC team,
can you tell me which sim algo free5gc follows? Because for gNB in Amarisoft they use sim algo as “xor” (sim_algo: “xor”, /* USIM authentication algorithm: xor, milenage or tuak */). And how can I find OPC value also?

Any update on my previous query?

Thank you
BR
Kumar Satyam

Okay, thank you for your reply

Hi, I think the sim algorithm used by free5GC is XOR. Regarding the value of OPC, you can run go run server.go under the ~/free5gc/webconsole directory. Enter the URL in the web browser, and you can find the value of OPC in the WebConsole. Here is the reference URL: GitHub - free5gc/webconsole at a43764b427be940e42baa827243ec7555ed335e4.

Hi, @wilson30139, you can check this issue as well: [Feat] Supporting TUAK algorithm set as the AKA algorithm · Issue #93 · free5gc/free5gc · GitHub

I believe free5GC supports Milenage authentication, but I could be mistaken. Please verify by reviewing the code in this link: https://github.com/free5gc/free5gc/blob/fc10a362fbfeb04419ad219d8f44dc6f18611887/test/consumerTestdata/UDM/TestGenAuthData/GenerateAuthData.go

Hello, if it’s convenient for you, could you please provide the config file for free5GC? Thank you.

Let me check, and I will let you know.

Hi,
since there haven’t any replies from you, the admin decides to close this topic.
If you have any further questions about this topic, please message the admin or create another topic.
Thanks!

Admin