[CHF] Charging test - ping works only on one slice/interface, but does not respond on the second

Hello,

I started testing CHF (btw, great job that you have added support for charging :slight_smile: ). I followed the example from Setup Charing for UE - free5GC . Everything works fine, but I can ping data only on uesimtun0. On the second slice (uesimtun1) there is no incoming traffic.

In f5gc webgui I see that both UL and DL traffic is reported for the first slice (offline charging / uesimtun0), but there is only UL traffic reported for the second slice (online charging / uesimtun1). Also when looking on ifconfig, there is TX traffic for uesimtun0, but no TX traffic for uesimtun1.

In logs there is repeating UPF error:

2024-04-18T20:48:58.043494929+02:00 [WARN][UPF][Perio] get Multiple USAReports error: queryMultiURR[map[1:[1 2] 2:[1 2]]]: invalid argument.

For my tests I use Ubuntu 20.04 on two VMs (first for Free5gc, second for UERANSIM).

How can I diagnose/enable incoming traffic for the second interface?

Kind Regards,
Marcin

Hello,

Here are a few things to check, that may or may not resolve the problem:

• gtp5g version: v0.8.6
$ modinfo gtp5g
version:        0.8.6
name:           gtp5g
  • clear DB
$ mongo --eval "db.dropDatabase()" free5gc
  • Make NF again (Under free5gc)
$ sudo ./force_kill.sh
$ make clean
$ make

If the problem still exists, I think we need to check the configuration file for UPF, SMF, and also AMF.
Also, use tcpdump to get the packet in free5GC VM would be great!

$ sudo tcpdump -i any -w <filename>.pcap 

Hello,

Thanks for quick answer :slight_smile:

I checked your suggestions, but nothing has changed, still no incoming traffic on second interface.

Previously I used gtp5g v0.8.8, but I just tried with v0.8.6, but this makes no difference.

I also cleared and rebuilt everything - also nothing has changed.

I still see UPF warnings in logs (don’t know if related to my issue):
2024-04-19T13:51:57.814422046+02:00 [WARN][UPF][Perio] get Multiple USAReports error: queryMultiURR[map[1:[1 2] 2:[1 2]]]: invalid argument

In attachment you can find all my config files and traffic dump.
f5gcconfig.zip (125.2 KB)

Hi,

I noticed that the instructions forgot to set up new DNN in UPF for slice 01112233. (Sample config didn’t include this, would add ASAP).

Which means UPF didn’t know the second slice DNN.

Edit the upfcfg.yaml, and try again, thanks :blush:
Like the following configuration, I think this would solve the problem.

dnnList:
  - dnn: internet # Data Network Name
    cidr: 10.60.0.0/16 # Classless Inter-Domain Routing for assigned IPv4 pool of UE
  - dnn: internet # Data Network Name
    cidr: 10.61.0.0/16 # Classless Inter-Domain Routing for assigned IPv4 pool of UE

Yes, it solved the issue, thank you :slight_smile: