Connecting Quectel RM520N-GL to free5gc

Hello free5gc community,
I am attempting to connect a RM520N-GL quectel module to the free5gc core network, with the OAI Ran. I have been able to successfully connect the OAI gNB to free5gc, but am having issues with connecting the UE.

In the AMF logs, it states:
[ERRO][AMF][Gmm][amf_ue_ngap_id:RU:0,AU:8(3GPP)][supi:SUPI:imsi-001010000000001] Registration Status Update Error[amf not found]
[ERRO][AMF][Ngap][amf_ue_ngap_id:RU:0,AU:8(3GPP)][ran_addr:10.100.200.1:48030] Build RerouteNasRequest failed : SEQUENCE OF Size is lower than lowerbound
[ERRO][AMF][Gmm] AMF can not select an target AMF by NRF

I have attached the entire session log here. core_logs_ue_noconnect.txt (278.4 KB) amf_ue_noconnect_logs.txt (7.3 KB)
Any input and help is greatly appreciated.

Hi @paulscalise1, I have reviewed the logs of your AMF and noticed that the SD value of your Serving Nssai is empty. In free5GC v3.4.2, free5GC cannot accept a configuration with an empty SD value. We plan to fix this issue in v3.4.3.

Hi @donald2000, thanks for your help. In the meantime, is there a way to programmatically get around this, or by adding the default slice to the quectel module?

Hi @paulscalise1, we have created PRs related to the empty SD in NAS, NRF, PCF, SMF, AMF, and Webconsole. We’re working on fixing this issue and should have it resolved soon. If you need a solution quickly, feel free to test using the code in the PR. If you encounter any issues, please let me know. Thank you.Additionally, since I haven’t used the Quectel module before, I’m unable to provide any suggestions on this part.

Hi,
since there haven’t any replies from you, we decide to close this topic.
If you have any further questions about this topic, please message the admin or create another topic.
Thanks!

Best regards,