Hello, after deploying the basic functions of 5G network, how should we modify it to support 5G LAN?

I have successfully deployed a basic 5G network。If you understand, please help. I would appreciate it.

Hi @lucky,

Do you mean how to modify the configuration files to support 5G LAN, or how to modify the NF code to support 5G LAN?

Hello, first of all, thank you for your reply. I want to modify the NF code to support 5G LAN.This idea mainly comes from this unopened paper, and the following image is from this paper.Looking forward to your reply again.

Hi, @lucky

You can customize network functions like AMF, SMF, and MongoDB to store group-related information for 5GLAN. Additionally, configure UDM and UDR to accept 5GLAN-related APIs for managing groups. Lastly, implement a network function named ‘NEF’ to create and delete 5GLAN groups. Unfortunately, NEF is still in development but refer to specifications in TS23.501, TS23.502, and TS22.261 for 5GLAN details.

For your information, specifications related to 5GLAN are detailed in TS23.501, TS23.502, and TS22.261.

First of all, thank you for your guidance. But are there any relevant reference materials for the custom network functions and configuration of network element functions that you mentioned? I have not been able to find any relevant guidance materials, which is also the biggest problem I am currently facing. I will definitely carefully read the materials in the agreement section. Thank you again.Looking forward to your reply again.

Hi @lucky,

To my knowledge, there isn’t a specific tutorial guiding you through the process of building a network function. However, the code structure for free5GC network functions is consistent across the board. You can delve into the code repository (NFs: https://github.com/free5gc/free5gc/tree/main/NFs) to gain a comprehensive understanding.
As for the configuration files of each network function, please refer to Link.

Thank you very much for your guidance, which helped me a lot. Thank you again and wish you a happy life and smooth work.