N2 and N3 interface configuration for an external RAN

Dear Community,

I have correctly installed free5GC following this guide: Installation · free5gc/free5gc Wiki · GitHub .Running CN (./run.sh) on a Virtual Machine, it seems that there is only the N6 interface. I mean, running ifconfig on the console I see only the upfgtp interface (by the way without ipv4 address).

It seems that the N2 (gNB - AMF) and N3 (gNB UPF) interfaces are missing. I’m trying to connect an external RAN (OAI on the server where I have the VM with free5GC).

The questions are:

1. without the N2 and N3 interfaces, how can I get the gNB of OAI to communicate with free5GC?
  2. Is it normal that with ifconfig I see only upfgtp ? And without ipv4 address?

I have tried several times in modifying ipv4 addresses in the configuration files, but cannot find a solution. I’ m reporting one as an example, I try to change the address of what I think is the N2 interface in the amfcfg.yaml file:

ngapIpList: # the IP list of N2 interfaces on this AMF.

when I run the CN, I get the following error:
[ERRO][MFA][NGAP] Failed to listen: cannot assign requested address

What am I doing wrong? Why don’t I see the interfaces on ifconfig? How do I communicate an external RAN to free5GC (for example OAI requires the ipv4 address of the AMF in the configuration file)?

Thanks in advance,
Giuseppe

Sorry, there is an error in the “error message”. The correct:
[ERRO][AMF][NGAP] Failed to listen: cannot assign requested address

also, I find, in the master branch the folder:“sample/ran_attach_config”. But the config file are different. Maybe is better for me to use this branch? I need to install again in a different folder?

Thanks in advance,
Giuseppe

Hello @Giuseppe,
I want to know if you have set the free5GC and UERANSIM parameters correctly?
Refer to the free5GC installation tutorial here, I hope it will help you!