Network Slicing using free5gc

hello everyone !
just after finishing the amazing demos proposed by free5gc , I feel a bit lost since in my engineering thesis am asked to implement a Network slice.
so my question is simply : what are the next steps I should make to make it work ? I am up to start learning more in depth and even dedicate my next months to contribute in what ever manner , but since I am solo in this , I don’t know where to start !
thanks for responding !!

Hello everyone, I’m vignesh, (Masters student). Im currently working with free5gc and trying to establish network slice with it. I already deployed an instance of free5gc in k8s, however I have a doubt what would be the resources required to establöish two network slices (in terms of how many amfs, udrs,etc and how the management works here). Is anyone already worked with a similar use case. Kindly request your inputs.

Kind regards! vikee:)

Hi @Amine,

just after finishing the amazing demos proposed by free5gc , I feel a bit lost since in my engineering thesis am asked to implement a Network slice.

A network slice is a common term, what do you want to do? What is your problem statement?

actually my project is to make an AI model to automate and monitor the network performance of at least two different slices , say an eMBB type of slicing and URLLC … my real problem is that the documents I read on internet give high level overviews therefore I don’t know how to plan & implement a slice

@Amine,

You can start from AMF, SMF, and NSSF.
There are Network Slicing settings in config files.

thank you !
this much is sufficient to put me in the correct path !

Hello Amine;
I am trying to do a similar thing in the network slicing in 5G but I need to manage the resources of at least two different slices as well.
If you could help me with that, please this is my email >> [email protected]
Thanks

The detail design of eMBB and URLLC features are left to implementation in 3GPP spec, and free5GC still focuses on developing the defined rules or procedures. Sorry for unable to offer you help here.