NF(nwdaf) Registration Workflow with NRF?

Dear Free5GC Team,

Hello, I am a student from National Chengchi University in Taiwan. Recently, I have embarked on a project to integrate “mnc_NWDAF” into our existing “free5gc-k8s” environment. However, I have hit a roadblock with issues related to the NWDAF’s registration process with NRF, and I am struggling to find a solution.

I am reaching out to seek guidance and insights from your team, as I believe your expertise could greatly assist me in resolving this issue. Additionally, I would be grateful if you could explain the workflow involved when a Network Function (NF) registers with the NRF. A clear understanding of this process is crucial for the successful integration of “NWDAF” into our system.

Thank you in advance for your time and assistance. I am eagerly awaiting your valuable input and suggestions.

Best regards,

Hello Dylan, I think you may want to start reading TS 29.510 to understand the API for NF registration with NRF.

Good place to start is to query list of registered NFs in the NRF of you can get access to SBI.

Maybe the mnc_NWDAF can handle the registration flow already, do you have source code online?