The error which happened when unregistered UE was connected

Hello,

I would like to ask about the error which happened when I connected UE which SIM wasn’t registered in DB.
I’m using Free5GC ver.3.0.5 and UERANSIM ver3.1.9.

When I tried to connect UE which SIM wasn’t registered in DB (unregistered UE), AMF and N3IWF stopped with an error.
After this happened, we couldn’t connect registered UE to RAN.
I expected that AMF and N3IWF wouldn’t stop when unregistered UE tried to connect, and just reject it.

Please let me know:
・Are there any ways to deal with this problem? (e.g. Restarting AMF, N3IWF, RAN when these functions stop)
・If this is a known issue, are there any plans to fix this problem?
I would appreciate it if you could tell me.

I will attach some configuration files and logs.

Thank you for your help.

free5gc-ue.30.yaml (1.4 KB) N3IWF_log.txt (2.6 KB) n3iwfcfg.yaml (2.7 KB) RAN_log.txt (1.3 KB) UE_log.txt (1.3 KB) AMF_log.txt (8.4 KB) amfcfg.yaml (4.4 KB) free5gc-gnb.yaml (819 Bytes)

Hi NK636,
I read your logs and find out you only used ./bin/amf and ./bin/n3iwf to test. I think it is not enough to test with these two NFs. In your case, you stop at Authentication procedure and this procedure should use AUSF.
You can refer to | free5GC that can help you configure free5gc and ueransim.

FYI, the English tutorial is here

Hi, @Jim, @muthuramanecs03g

Thank you for your responces.

I’m sorry that I couldn’t tell you correctly.
I attached log files of only amf and n3iwf, but I used all NFs (smf, ausf and so on).

I will check again, but the NFs which showed error might be only amf and n3iwf. AUSF didn’t show error logs.
I think the reason why n3iwf was failed is that the operation of n3iwf is linked with amf, so amf may be the cause.

I hope if you could help me to solve this situation.

Thank you for your help.