The way to make slices, each with different performance

Hello,

I’d like to ask about the function of network slicing.

I think I want to make some slices, each with different performance.
For example, it is for eMBB or for URLLC.

I understand about the latest version of free5gc that
it support to set the nssai and separate upf by it, so we can separate traffic.
it doesn’t support the complete QoS, so we can’t customize the performances.

・Are there any plans to support the complete QoS? Is it on loadmap?
・If not, does anyone know any ways to make some slices, each with different performance?

Thank you for your help.

QoS for a Subscriber is defined in PCF, Slicing however will help you to use separate Network Functions to each Use Case. You can have different QoS for Different Subscribers while using same Network Functions.

First thing you need to find out is “Is it possible to configure Policy Rule on Free5GC PCF?” and What kind of details SMF is sending to PCF during PDU Session Creation use this information to specify Policy Rules for your subscribers associated with specific SLICE.

You are go manually deploy multiple Network Functions configured to support different Slices and start them. Then configure different subscribers with different request slices, Slice Selection function will select Network Functions associated to Requested Slice by UE.

PCF will however Install a Policy to those Network Functions selected by NSSF (i.e SMF and PCF).

Before all this sit down and design your use case, put a diagram together and implementation is the last thing.

Let me know if you need any further assistance.

Hello @rkitindi

Thank you for your reply.

I understood what should I do to configure QoS.
I was confused about network slicing and QoS before you told me.
Thank you for your correction.

I’m afraid but I have a question.
I found such comment about QoS.

According to this comment, the latest version of UPF does not support QoS, so we can’t apply QoS to UPF.

Could you tell me the difference between the way you said?
And if you have any idea to solve this problem or if it has already solved, could you tell me?

I really appreciate your help.

Hi @NK636

You can checkout this: https://github.com/akraino-edge-stack/icn-edge-5g/tree/master/docs
They are doing 5G slice deployment using Free5GC.

Bests

Hello @abousselmi,

Thank you for your information.
I will check this site to understand how to make slice with free5gc.